The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Friday, August 3, 2012

Out of Gaines's Mouth This Week

I still have not figured out how to keep up with the things that come out of Gaines's mouth and especially the context so I am just going to try the best I can. Some of it is just too good to forget.

We have been going to the YMCA quite a bit over the last week or so and I have been doing classes with some of my girlfriends. On Thursday, we went in the afternoon for the first time and I just walked while the boys were in the play area. I was so proud of my sweat after walking for about 45 minutes until I walked in to pick up boys and Gaines says, "Mom, that was a short class." First of all, how does he even have a concept of time?!?! Second, how does he know that was so much shorter? Lastly, how about some moral support first born?!?!

At Sarah-Beth's house on Friday their dog Barley was outside and going crazy when we all arrived for Pool Day. SB was yelling and trying to get him in the house and all the boys were sitting on the steps waiting for the dog to be put up. After she finally got him in the house Gaines sighs and says, "I wish that dog had never been born." WHAT?!?! Where would he have even heard that? I never get a straight answer out of him. His favorite thing to respond with when he thinks he is in trouble or did something he shouldn't he says, "NOTHING" in this sing-song voice.

Watching the dog and SB


1 comment:

  1. I wish that dog had never been born?!?!?! what in the world!!

    ReplyDelete