The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Week 10

August kicks off with Garrick being out of town a LOT this month. I'm sure the boys will really be tired of me after this month - Nonni and Poppy are even leaving me for about 9 days! 

Sunday, Garrick left for Chattanooga for work and the boys and I burned some energy outside before getting ready for bed. They wanted to play in the water table. As I am getting the hose from the side of the house I turn around and see Gaines with his pants down on the back patio and Will with only a diaper on and both yelling they had to pee. I see Gaines make a great fountain off the side of the patio and Will just watching in awe. I just thought to myself, "this is my life - this is it." 
Monday, we were out the door pretty early and headed to the Zoo with our church's Play Group. I was really kind of dreading it because of the heat but it turned out to be a great trip. It was fun hanging out with some new friends.
This was half of our zoo crew
boys checking out a tree - they were very intrigued by this stump. We see a wasp's nest on the side and I tell them not to touch and Will of course sticks his hand right into it. Luckily, nothing happened. He will be the death of me.

Love this! Phoebe Armstrong & Will plotting

Who cares about the giraffes - can I have another penny to send around this thing?
 Crazy boys after naptime! We headed to Chic-fil-a to meet some friends to eat and play since Daddy was gone and had quite an eventful evening. The kids had a blast playing until Gaines and another little girl crashed head on into each other. He got a terrible goose egg. I called the doctor and he thought it was ok in the big scheme of things but it looks terrible. Gaines was fine after the initial shock and wanted to stay and play.

 Tuesday, we were supposed to go play at Hayes's house but I was a little worried about leaving Gaines at his My Gym class with his head and Will was not wanting any part of anything this morning. I am praying Will is getting sick because he is being unbearable. Will and I stayed and watched Gaines's class. Gaines loves it! They start out with saying their name and answering a question. This week was name your favorite drink. Gaines said, "Apple Juice." It is so interesting watching him. He is not disruptive in class but his teachers have to ask him a few times before he gets in the circle or whatever they are asking. He just pretty much disregards them until he is ready to come. They told all the kids to put glue on their bellies and lay in the red circle. Gaines was the last child to the circle and then they all had to wait for him to "apply" his glue to his belly and lay down. Dear Lord, give me patience! They learned to do forward rolls and flips on the bar today. This is so good for his coordination!


Gaines would not nap today so I made him play in his room and this is what he came into the playroom wearing:
"This is my underwear costume"
Wednesday, we went to the Y and then to the grocery store. I never go on Wednesdays to the grocery store and it was crazy busy because of senior citizen day! Luckily, we ran into Mimi and Papa Jim and they helped me entertain the boys and came over for lunch.

Thursday, we went BACK to Brentwood to our last My Gym class of the summer, got haircuts, and met Nonni at the Puffy Muffin for lunch. Will was a nightmare and I thought I was literally going to have to sit on top of him at the restaurant. I do not know why we keep trying to eat out with him right now. We had a really rough afternoon with Gaines and he got pretty much everything taken away from him so we just stayed in Thursday night. Garrick left today for a conference.

Friday, we had Pool Day at Sarah-Beth's house with the MJ gals. It was so much fun! The weather was perfect - overcast and not hot at all. The boys played and played. On a swimming side note, Gaines would not practice any of his swim lessons at all. Totally freaked out. Really debating on what to do with him next summer.
Look at all these boys! Lydia is the only girl and missing from the pic.
Gaines talking Baby Talk to Lydia - the only sister he will probably ever have!
Look at these boys!
Checking out the dog next door 
Horray for popsicles!!!

Nonni watched the boys Friday night where I could go celebrate Sarah-Beth's birthday and Saturday Aunt Stacie came into town. Summer is quickly coming to an end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment