The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break - Week 1

We have two weeks of Spring Break (Wilson County is on year round school calendar) and we have been busy little bees which was the plan! It has been beautiful most of the week and summer like weather in the upper seventies and sunny.

We enjoyed the first pretty day at the Zoo with Courtney, one of my oldest friends, and her boys Mason and Cole. We had such a good time and enjoyed watching the boys play together. Gaines was acting weird all morning, kind of lagging behind, being clingy and I kept thinking something was up with him and when we got home he was running a fever of 102.5! I did kind of feel bad for nagging him all morning! We still had a good time.

Love this pic of Gaines - he looks so big

Our attempt at a group pic
Mommy and her boys!
Checking out the fish. Will did not want to leave and kept saying, "No.No."
Gaines was still running a slight fever on Wednesday so we had to cancel music class and Kids Day at the Park with friends. We ended up walking to the see the ducks in our neighborhood and playing at the park. Pushing that double stroller with the two of them is quite the workout! The ducks were quite aggressive and made me really nervous. We got rid of our bread really quick. At the park, Will is loving the slides. He does them all by himself and is so proud. Then back home to do some art time (I only get the energy for this every three months).



 What I do for a picture!!! I think I promised them cake for a year for these pics!

We continued our sick day, cleaning out the art supply closet and doing some painting, coloring, etc

Will loves to build his tower with legos. He gets so mad frustrated when he can't get the next piece on. Then my little athlete takes a broom or bat and knocks it down. I'm not going to have anything left in my house when this one gets through with it.
Gaines practicing his cutting. I thought he did pretty well. His teacher says he has trouble holding his crayon or marker so I am hoping this will help. 

On Thursday, we thought it was going to rain and we met Lily and Betsy (Will's girlfriend from school) and Katy and her boys at Shipwrecked. It was so fun because we had the entire place to ourselves. I think all the kids had fun. Will and Lily went down the big slides (which Gaines has still yet to go down) and Gaines, James Henry, and Eli played Octonauts and Pirates. Katy and I loved listening to Gaines's and JH's conversations.






No comments:

Post a Comment