The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

6 weeks


And there you have it...
Today I am 6 weeks preggo per Baby Center and still 2 weeks away from my first OB appointment. Only 34 weeks to go - HA! I need longer already. I am going stir crazy. I know her tests will not say anything different than the 3 pregnancy tests I have taken but I want that ultrasound to ease my anxiety. It is also KILLING me to keep this secret. I have only told 3 people MacKenzie since she is on another continent (sorry LeeAnn - I wanted to surprise you!), Liz since she confessed her own pregnancy to me 3 days before I found out I was joining her on this boat (by the way we are due basically a week apart - how much fun is that?!?!), and Sheree because I see her everyday and I needed someone to complain to on an hourly basis plus I knew she would drill me for not drinking at girls nights! My strategy right now is to not think about Baby Odom growing inside me and not worry and just make it to my doctor's appointment. I have been scanning pinterest on fun announcement ideas, I really like the one that says "Oh S*$T! I'm Pregnant!" with the husband holding the "HELP!" sign. I feel like there is baby fever everywhere I look. Facebook is full of "I'm having a baby" posts and I keep wondering why am I so scared since "everyone is doing it." LITERALLY EVERYONE IS DOING IT! HA! The only thing that is making it easier to keep this secret is how excited and shocked my friends and fam are going to be when we let this drop. Call me crazy but I also think I am having a girl. I don't know why but that is what I think. Some nights as I lay in bed just not feeling normal I think maybe I am not pregnant and this is all in my head and then I laugh to myself since no matter what I still have not had my period since June 26th! The exhaustion has totally taken over and I cannot lift my head come 2pm and 8pm. I have almost cut out all caffeine. Every other day I will have a cup of coffee or a mocha frappaccino. We are trying to get very serious about our house situation since we are going to be busting at the seams in this one come April. I know there are about a million exclamation points in this post but I am still freaking out so let me have those please?!?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment