The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain

This week can be summed up with one word - RAIN! We still managed to have fun but it was despite of the weather. Monday, I had to run errands so I promised the boys if they were good we could skip naps and go to the pool since it was supposed to be the only pretty day all week. Now that school has started the pool is literally deserted all the time. It is so nice! On Tuesday, we went to Mimi's house after the Y where I could finish setting up her new computer. Her necessities include Hearts, Solitaire, and the Obituaries! We pull up and Papa Jim is mowing his 13 acres at the age of 78 - Lord, help me if I am still doing that - let's be honest I don't do that now! The boys had on their uniforms and brought their tools to work on a few projects at their Great-Grandparents house. On Wednesday, the sky fell out. I cannot describe how much rain we drive through. We met friends at Monkey Tree House which was a perfect rainy day plan. The boys had a blast. Thursday was Orientation at school and the boys woke up with something just off. They were so bad all day and I could not figure out what was going on but they were lucky to survive. I ran into my PE teacher from Middle School who also goes to my church now and she told me the barometric pressure was changing and it makes pets and kids go crazy. I am not sure if it is true but it did save the boys that day! The boys met their teachers and saw their classrooms. Both have great teachers and I am thrilled to see what all they learn this year. After school we went to our last swim lesson with Ms. Erin. They did so good and even started learning strokes. Will would flip to his back and float like a pro. They were doing great IF they were listening. I included their video below. Friday we had a crazy busy morning but it ended on a good note. We picked up Mimi and went to Lebanon to look at a house plan that we may possibly build and then dropped Mimi back off and then met Ezra and his parents at the pool all by 9:30AM! The boys had a blast at the pool and burned off plenty of energy. On Saturday we celebrated cousin Silas's 2nd birthday at Chuck E Cheese. This was Will's first time and Gaines's second time to go and they had a blast. We ended this week with church and the boys spent the afternoon at Nonni and Poppy's house.
Afternoon swim
The boys in their full uniform and tool boxes.
I overheard the boys playing and calling each other "Junior." I have got to get them around better influences than Uncle Rusty! 

Gaines had talked Rusty into making a Peach Pie with the peaches they collected on their adventure and like a good Great - Uncle Rusty did the best he could and Gaines was FURIOUS that this pie did not come out looking like a pie. He kept telling us we were NOT listening to him and he was NOT leaving until this looked like a pie.

Garrick and I are the worse at eating veggies and fruits. I literally only like apples and green ones at that. I am attempting my hand at smoothies to try and get something good in my body. This is my Green Machine Boost even includes spinach and broccoli.

Nonni brought over her garage sale finds. Thanks Nonni for continuing to add stuff to my house. They boys worked together as a team on their new puzzle. They are actually getting pretty good doing these together.

I have bene working on Will writing his name and this is the first time he did it on his own!

Monkey Treehouse with our friends Hallee and Saylor. We also met Hayes and Charlie too!

Pool Play Date with Ezra

Happy 2nd Birthday Cousin Silas!
True Love is the only reason we would come to Chuck E Cheese on a SATURDAY!

I had Gaines and we played a few games until Gaines discovered the Xtreme Card machine. It took your picture and then gave you your very own personalized card. We now have every profession covered! He would stand there and look into the camera and you could see yourself and he would part his hair until it looked good and then smile.

All of Gaines's cards

Will's first Chuck E Cheese experience! He preferred balls and guns and did not want anywhere near the GIANT MOUSE.

Nonni brought over a box full of different games and Will has been concentrating on his domino set up. It amazes me his patience and attention span.

Really wanted to get this t-shirt for the boys! The pop hit and dance phenomenon Gangnam Style.

Sunday afternoon at Nonni's house. Gaines said they are clowns with top hats on. I love Will's face in this one!

Will working on his craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment