The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Unexpected

This morning the boys came into our room extra early, as in before 6am, and I got up to go to the bathroom and this is when our lives changed forever! I was supposed to start my period the day before and I was getting a little anxious because in the past year my period has gone from 28 days to 38 days so I usually have a pregnancy test handy so I took one and it happened to be the fancy one that spelled out your results. So at 6:03am, it spelled out PREGNANT! Oh my goodness my heart went into my stomach. For the past three years, I have talked about wanting a third but have not had the courage to actually make the decision to go for it and Garrick and I had finally decided we were done having kids and I was truly at peace with it. This feeling came after we had an amazing and relaxing vacation with the kids. Technically, Garrick has had that "peace" since Will was born and thought I was crazy! Well, needless to say I should have jumped on that birth control pack! I was seriously freaking out for so many reason but mainly out of just plain fear. Fear that my baby would not be healthy. Then the fear of the house issue we have been dragging our feet on for literally a year. I kept saying we really have no pressure to move...well now we have that pressure. It is all overwhelming! My family is going to be so surprised. My Dad might pass out. After crying in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes I went downstairs to catch up on my Bible Study for tonight and God literally jumped right off the page to me.

So now I am just going to breathe because I have no idea how to do go through this regular Sunday like life is just the way it was yesterday!

You are already loved and God has a plan for you. You were meant to be.

Everything I read just kept easing my nerves and I knew no matter if this was not my timing this was God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment