The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Friday, July 13, 2012

Will - The Only Child

While Gaines went to camp each day, Will got his first week ever of being an only child. Anytime we talked about Gaines going to camp, he would say, "I camp. I camp." I was really worried about taking him up to camp with me because I knew he would want to stay. Gaines and I dropped Will off with Poppy on Monday while we went to camp. He loved it of course. On Monday we just spent the morning running errands and we met Happy for lunch. 

On Tuesday, Will and I both had a "FIRST." I let Will stay at Mimi and Papa's house while I dropped Gaines off at camp. Now this is huge for so many reasons. Papa Jim was not there so uncle Rusty came out to play and to help Mimi. Will was totally fine and not worried just waving to me from the porch "BYE MOMMY!"
Day 2 - Having a little snack at Mimi and Papa's house when I got there to pick him up.
Met Lydia and Luke at Shipwrecked to play. Can you see these crazy boys throwing balls at each other? They had a special music class as well and the boys had fun singing and dancing.
"Mommy, McDonalds. Mommy, McDonalds."
 On Day 3 of camp week, I fly around the curve on Harkreader Road while taling to Jessica and telling her how I hope it does not bite me leaving Will with my grandparents and I see Will and Papa Jim walking hand in hand on that dangerous country road! They have 14 acres to walk around and they just had to walk on the road. I don't think Papa realizes Will is only 2 and he is 77! Of course nether one of them saw any problems with this!!! After I picked him up we went to meet our MJ Pool Day friends at the Providence Pool. Luke and Will had a blast. I love watching Will interact with other kids. Unlike Gaines at this age he loves playing with his buddies.


My sweet, rotten baby boy

 Since I only had one child today, I actually got to play with the babies and enjoyed it. We played a very intense game of Simon Says. Aynslee, Luke, and Will really loved it. Now excuse the beach whale of a teacher and focus on the kids.

Having a little snack with Papa Jim after camp.

Day 4 - Hanging with my Great-Grandparents
It poured down rain all week but Will loved being able to play on the covered porch.
Ready in his rain gear
Play date with Hallee Hanna while the big kids were at camp. These two have just started playing together and they are too cute. They played pretty much without a peep to us for about an hour in a half! I asked Will what he did with Hallee and he said, "I sing."
Lunch Date
Day 5 - We get to Mimi's House and Papa Jim is not there and Will is NOT happy. He keeps saying, "Papa Jim. Papa Jim." He finally settled on Rusty. Still raining this week and I come to pick up Will and him and Rusty are playing in the rain. He needed to lose his shirt since it was wet. I love to hear him say "COME RUSS RUSS."
Will still asked for Gaines every day but I think he enjoyed being the only baby for a little bit. It is kind of sad that he truly does not know what to do without his Big Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment