The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gaines's Smart Mouth

We are really having some issues with Gaines talking back and saying rude comments. I wonder where he gets that from...

So today we went to the doctor for a sick visit, both boys have had drainage and a cough for going on their 5th week and I wanted to get it checked out. We are talking ot the nurse and Gaines proceeds to say she is "Not smart" and one other comment (I can't remember exactly what it was but none the less it was rude.) That night when we got home we were eating dinner and I told Garrick about the incident. This is how the conversation unfolds:

Garrick: Gaines, did you say you were sorry to the nurse?

Gaines: Silence- Ignoring his father

Garrick: Gaines, you better had apologized.

Gaines: Still totally ignoring him.

Me: No, Daddy Gaines did not say he was sorry.

Garrick: Gaines, you WILL write the nurse an apology note.

Gaines looks up and straight into his eyes: The Office is closed and there will be no writing notes tonight.

Seriously?!?!? What do you say to this child?!?! It took every ounce of will-power not to bust out laughing. Garrick is trying to look at him sternly and I see laughter tears starting to roll down the side of his face and I just had to get up from the table before laughing. 

This child has an answer for everything. I guess you reap what you sow.

My boys at the doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment