The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Monday, June 3, 2013

Fifth Disease

On Sunday when I got home Gaines's cheeks were so red and Garrick happened to google diarrhea and red cheeks and fifth disease popped up. The symptoms fit Gaines to a tee and I took him to the doc today and it was confirmed. I am thinking this all started with Will and we just thought he had had a reaction to the sun Memorial Day weekend. 

I have been really not feeling well for going on about 3 weeks. It started with my OB putting me on progesterone for irregular periods and that made me crazy, then I started getting daily headaches (I have probably had 4 headaches in the past 4 years!), exhausted, knots on my head and behind my ear, rash on arms and legs, my entire body ached, depressed, and then the icing on the cake was my fingers and feet/ankles started swelling as bad as when I was 40 weeks preganant. I am never sick and I could not figure out what was wrong. I could explain each symptom with something but when I started saying it all out loud I really got worried. I even thought maybe it was Rheumatoid Arthritis - truly that's how bad I felt. Needless to say when Garrick sent me the article on Fifth Disease the symptoms in adults were EXACTLY what I had. I had made a doctor's appointment for today last week to see what was going on and he said it was pretty much text summer virus in adults. He also looked at the breakout on my hands. These red pimple like bumps show up and itch for a few days only on the top and palms of my heads and same for my feet. I have had this happen off and on for 10 years but no one can really figure out the cause. He thought maybe it was a form of Excema but it got so bad and the itching was so extreme that a walk-in clinic called me in a steroid pack. I have not been on steroids in probably 15 years and it was a God-send! It made the bumps stop itching and I felt like a million bucks! I was so relieved but also in shock that a silly "summer virus" could make you feel this bad.

So thankful for finally feeling better!

My cowboy with his rosy cheeks - Fifth Disease


Gaines enjoyed my bridesmaid gift as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment