The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 3 - Vacation

This has been a quick trip to the Grand Marriott. G went to his meeting and the boys and I packed up and got ready to pack in everything we could before we had to check out. We went to breakfast and then headed to the pool. I just can say it enough how proud I am of their swimming and confidence in the water. It helps Gaines can touch as well but it changes my attitude towards the pool at least a little. After Garrick got in we packed up the car and checked off all the activities we had not gotten too yet bikes, ping pong, and croquet. I really love this place!
We finally got in the car around 1pm to get lunch and head to Seacrest Beach. We stopped in Fairhope, AL which was about a mile down the road and ate lunch. This little town was so cute. We had an excellent lunch, I think all of us were starving and finally got on the road.
We got to the beach around 5pm and the condo is perfect. We have an awesome view of the pool and ocean and plenty of space. We were trying to figure out a game plan for dinner and decided to walk on the beach. The boys were in heaven. So different from last year. Gaines was a little too confident around the ocean and Will a little cautious but getting more daring by the second. The lighting was beautiful and I really wished they had on cuter outfits! The boys did not want to stop playing to eat but we finally ate at sunset at Crabby Steve's right in our condo village. I really cannot believe we still have an entire week left. Nonni and Poppy join us tomorrow. The big joke has been about the whole family spending a week in small quarters but I really think this will be fine-right?!? It has been a long full day and only day 3.


Both boys got scraped knees this morning. Not off to a great start and time is NOT going b y very fast.

We tried the boys on little bikes but they were too wobbly so Garrick pulled them. They loved crusing around the resort. Not pictured is me trying to gracefully get on the bike...



Chilling while we packed.
Selfie
This is my view AFTER I decided to lounge in the hammock while the boys rode around in the bike...this is also the view after I totally flipped myself out of the hammock and landed face down in the dirt. I really did not want to get on Ellen this way but it could happen. It really hurt but I am sure it provided entertainment to someone!
The boys loved all the games!
Lunch - we ate and ate. Best meal so far! They had unbelievable Tomato & Corn soup and Hot Chocolate Soufle




Will was right behind Gaines the entire time. 
The boys were loving the waves and the sunset was beautiful!

Love Will's face.
Gaines catching air!




Love

No comments:

Post a Comment