The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

Going on Vacation

Gaines and Will decided not to nap today. You know how I just love that! They are FINALLY starting to play together and it is usually some scenario that Gaines has dreamed up. Gaines decided that they were going on a plane trip to the beach (that would be my couch) for "Bacation" as Gaines refers to Vacation. Of course they had to pack their stuff  - as in ALL of their stuff. Gaines had emptied his pants and pajama drawer not to mention all the toys, blankets etc. he kept running back to his room saying, "Will, we need pajamas! We need clothes to change into! Don't forget the beach stuff!" so I just let them have at it. I was busy on the computer enjoying this time of not having to entertain them until...





I decided to turn around and they were both covered from head to toe in sunscreen. I was in shock-I mean covered! Sunscreen dripping off them, on to the carpet. I asked Gaines what they were doing and he answered, "putting on sunscreen for the beach of course." Well, what could I say? I just responded with let's get a bath next time remember grown-ups are the only ones allowed to put on sunscreen. Note to self: even if my kids have never done something like bothered lotion, sunscreen, or toothpaste before... There is always a first. I just finished Will's second bath and it is still not out of his hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment