The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Swim Lessons Day 4

All we have done this week literally is swim lessons and despite it is one hour per day, I feel like a train wreck. This morning I woke up and felt like I had been to Zumba or something and trust me I had not. I think it is all the anxiety and stress from these swim lessons. i know it is hard on the boys but it is just as traumatizing for me as well! So since I need someone else to understand here are the videos for your viewing pleasure. 

Today the boys were just off. Despite Gaines crying the entire time, he had been doing really well floating and today it was like he had forgotten everything and it made it an exhausting and terrible hour. Will had reacted to the lessons in a very silent manner all week. I think he just did not know how to channel his fear so he just kept his lips pierced together and his eyes squeezed shut until today. Today, he screamed bloody murder the entire time. He screamed for Mommy and he screamed for Gaines and for anyone else. I hope this is the right way to teach them. They don't seem to worry about it after they are done but during the hour it is terrible.

Today was themed RESTING DAY otherwise known as float for 30 minutes and listen to your child scream day.

Gaines 

Will

Resting Day - Gaines and Will are floating by the ladder
Gaines went backwards today and they added a life jacket to to him
Poor Will cried the entire time, looks like he is praying.

 Lots of high fives all around. 
My baby boy sitting there waiting his turn
Praying this hour is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment