The Odom Family

The Odom Family

Friday, June 8, 2012

Swim Lessons FINAL DAY!

TGIF!!! I have never been so ready for something to be over than these swim lessons. They boys overall did better than yesterday but that is saying very little since yesterday was torturous! Will did not cry as much today and he did pretty well but he still does not really roll over to float on his back. Gaines on the other hand, it is almost like he has forgotten how to float (granted he has only been doing this for a little over 4 hours total in his lifetime to give him credit!). The owner brendan worked with a lot today making him float. He cries the entire time saying, "I'm scared! I don't like water!" I am praying that we have made the right decision going in this direction with teaching them and we have not done more damage than good. I asked the owner after class and he said that they had done great...I have my doubts.
YAAY! Last Day of Swim Torture!!!
Love this. They tell Will to go line up - sweet boy just waiting. What is amazing to me is that they do this, they know what is coming and they still listen. I would have been like, "I'm outta here!" and running to my momma.
Their teacher telling them they are going to be thrown in and they need to roll to their back.
Will 
Gaines petrified. He has to do it twice before he rolls instead of sinking.
Gaines

Is this not the saddest face you have ever seen? After Will's turn, he looked for me and this is what I saw.
Gaines waiting his turn for the FINALE, sliding down this huge slide into the water to roll and float. Poor Gaines does not even go down slides at the playground. I kept praying they would make him do it first, he was so scared watching all the other kids go. In the end, he did it!!!
Will
Gaines

No comments:

Post a Comment